31 Oct 2014

Sharing buckets, sticks and stones

After reflecting on our sun dial and thinking of our next steps we gathered some buckets ready to collect some sticks.

There were only 9 buckets but there were 17 children. Sharing a bucket with a friend was the perfect solution.




We took all the sticks inside and carefully came up with some criteria for the stick that would be good for the sundial.

It needs to be long.
It needs to be thick and strong.
It needs to be straight.











Once we'd sorted the 4 straightest, longest and strongest sticks we turned the hot glue gun on to stick it on to the clock face. 
The stick kept falling over because it was too heavy. Luckily Ruby had brought more stones to school which were used to make a strong er base for the stick.
We then put our green thinking hats on and shared the left over sticks, string, staplers and stars to create a wand, spiderweb or other creation.
"I made a TV for Room 15 for everyone to share".

"I made a wand and it's got a feather on it so I can tickle my family".

"This is my magic wand with lazer powers".

"I shared the sticks and made a flying disc".

"Look at my spiderweb. It's got a spider in it too".
Thank you for sharing all your creations Room 15. 

No comments:

Post a Comment